Saturday, July 21, 2007

Forgive and Let Go

The precious gift that Christ has given to us is Forgiveness. Faith in Him cleanse our guilt agelessly. God the Father has forgiven us because our faith in Jesus.

We, on the other hand, have to learn to forgive ourselves as what God has done for us. The song
by Linkin Park "What Have I Done?" urged us to forgive ourselves and stop committing the same
mistakes anymore - pollution, war, gender discrimination etc.



“What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?”
Psalm 8:4

"What I've Done"

In this farewell
There’s no blood
There’s no alibi
‘Cause I’ve drawn regret
From the truth
Of a thousand lies

[Pre-Chorus:]
So let mercy come
And wash away
What I’ve done

[Chorus:]
I'll face myself
To cross out what i’ve become
Erase myself
And let go of what i’ve done

Put to rest
What you thought of me
While I clean this slate
With the hands of uncertainty

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

For what I’ve done
I start again
And whatever pain may come
Today this ends
I’m forgiving what I’ve done!!!

[Chorus]

What I’ve done
Forgiving what I’ve done


[Thanks to Josh Schall (fishy6081@hotmail.com) for these lyrics]
[Thanks to Trish, Joe Gilbertson for correcting these lyrics]

[ www.azlyrics.com ]

No comments:

Google Search

Custom Search

Search Results